Our resources include our network partners, our expertise, our links with China and our knowledge of teaching materials.
Chinese Language Framework in New Zealand Schools (Primary, Years 1 - 8)
Click here to view the Chinese Language Framework for New Zealand Schools. This framework outlines guidelines to support Chinese language progression at the primary levels (Years 1 - 8).
If you require a copy in Microsoft Word, please Contact Us.
World Class Resource Centre
The Confucius Institute in Auckland is a genuinely world class resource for China-related business, culture, language and education.
Schools and Teachers: Subscribe online here to be able to borrow our resources
We can advise on professional, industry and policy matters, as well as training and professional development. Our status as part of an international network of over 300 such centres gives us - and you - access to the world’s leading experts in all things related to China and China’s place in the global community.
Resources for Business, Language, Culture and Education.
For businesses, organisations or people with commercial interest in China, the Confucius Institute offers consultancy and translation services as well as courses in Business Chinese (language, culture and etiquette).
Resources for Schools and Chinese language teachers
The Confucius Institute has a library of cultural items (See list on link above left) that can be borrowed by schools in the Auckland region to support Chinese language and cultural programmes.
To loan these, there is an annual subscription of $50.00 - non-refundable and expiring at the end of the school year. Click here to subscribe.
To book items, you can Contact Us with your request.
Please read the terms and conditions of loan
Resources to Schools – Terms and Conditions
- All items belong to the Confucius Institute in Auckland and loaned at their discretion.
- Items must be returned as you received them. This includes dry cleaned/washed clothing.
- Items must be returned within a month of loan to the Confucius Institute in Auckland, The University of Auckland, Level 6, Owen G Glenn Building, 12 Grafton Road, Auckland.
- A replacement cost or late penalty may be charged for damaged/lost or late return items. Pick up and drop off of items is the responsibility of the school.
- Subscription is for the school year only regardless of when payment was made.
A free set of Chinese Paradise, a text book for young Chinese learners, is available for schools in the Confucius Institute in Auckland network with new Chinese programmes.
For a preview of the book, please click this this link to find the book contents and some sample pages.
A request letter signed by the school principal is required for the free set of Chinese Paradise textbooks.