The 11th New Zealand Chinese Essay Competition 2017 (For Non-Native Speakers Only)
The 11th New Zealand Chinese Essay Competition 2017
(For Non-Native Speakers Only)
Proudly sponsored by H.E. Wang Lutong, Ambassador of the People’s Republic of China
Organized by Confucius Institute in Auckland in partnership with International Languages Exchanges and Pathways (ILEP)
- To promote and encourage the use of the Chinese among the learners of Chinese in New Zealand;
- To promote the knowledge of Chinese language and culture as an important resource in an increasingly multi-cultural and global environment;
- To provide an opportunity for students of Chinese language to showcase their learning;
- To inspire students to learn Chinese language by sharing their writings with fellow students.
Deadline for registration: Thursday 31st August 2017
Style of writing: Any format of ORIGINAL work
- My Chinese Learning Experience (for both junior and senior secondary school categories)
- Dreams Enlighten the Future (for tertiary institution category)
- Category I - Secondary School Junior (Year 7-10): minimum 200 characters
- Category II - Secondary School Senior (Year 11-13): minimum 300 characters
- Category III - Tertiary Institution Category: minimum 500 characters
- New Zealand citizens or New Zealand permanent residents
- Mandarin or any Chinese dialect is not the home language spoken by either parent
- Content (idea, originality and creativity)
- Language (vocabulary and grammar)
- Structure (organization and style)
- School Group Registration through your Chinese teacher OR
- Individual Registration online at https://goo.gl/2n7LmZ.
All registrations must be submitted by Thursday 31st August 2017.