Chinese Language Courses
Chinese Conversation Level 1
Learn Chinese to challenge yourself, improve employability, engage with rich histories and culture, travel, connect with your heritage and communicate with family, friends and work colleagues.
Our courses allow you to progressively increase your confidence and ability to communicate basic to more complex ideas and, if you wish, to work towards taking the Chinese proficiency (HSK) exam.
Chinese Conversation Level 1A
Learn Chinese Mandarin for beginners, a language spoken by over one billion people!
This is a beginner’s course to support learners with no or very little knowledge of the Chinese language who want to use basic Chinese in daily communications. This course will also create a good foundation for further learning of Chinese.
The course will cover:
- an introduction to the Chinese pronunciation system using pinyin
- introducing yourself
- telling the time
- basic conversation and more.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- pronounce Modern Standard Chinese using pinyin
- use simple expressions
- exchange basic greetings
- talk about occupations
- use Chinese numbers in your daily life eg. count, age, date and time.
- Wednesdays 5.30-7 pm (10 weeks)
- CC.1A.1 – 3 March to 5 May
- CC.1A.2 – 26 May to 28 July (TBC)
- CC.1A.3 – 18 Aug to 20 Oct (TBC)
- The University of Auckland, City Campus
Cost (inc GST)
- $315 (10% early-bird & former-student discount)