Certificate for Teachers of Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages
The CTCSOL (Certificate for Teachers of Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages) test is an international standardised test to assess candidates as Chinese language teachers internationally.
CTCSOL test is available in New Zealand now.
The Confucius Institute in Auckland (CI) is currently the only official test centre in New Zealand to assist with the CTCSOL training programme that includes an online course, a written test and an interview assessment for local candidates.
See below for information on CTCSOL’s Test Eligibility, Structure and Results. For more information, visit China’s CTCSOL site.
Test dates, registrations and payments 2021
Exam Registration and Payment in TWO steps. Follow the links above for each step.
Step 1: Registration to include your personal details.
Step 2: Payment online. Please ensure your details are EXACTLY the same as your registration for cross referencing.
- There will be a processing fee charge for each online registration.
The CTCSOL test is for local candidates who:
- have a Bachelor’s degree or higher;
- are native speakers of Chinese OR are non-Chinese nationals who wish to teach Chinese language and culture and have Chinese proficiency equivalent to HSK level 5 or HSKK Intermediate level.
The CTCSOL programme is a combination of online courses, a written test and an interview assessment.
- This part is compulsory, and is the pre-requisite for the CTCSOL assessments.
- Register and pay online anytime throughout the year.
- CI in Auckland will send you an account number for your online training once your registration has been confirmed by CTI.
- Log into the CTI website with your account number to start your course.
- The course comprises over 70 micro-lessons (approx. 15 minutes each) and includes supporting resources managed by CTI.
- Complete the online programme within one year or your account will expire, and you will need to register and start again.
- Register and pay IF YOU wish to continue with the Written Test and Interview Assessment when you have completed the Online course.
Offline training is available on request only and subject to candidate numbers. Cost to be confirmed.
- These courses are tailored by CI in Auckland to support registered candidates if needed.
- The training DOES NOT comprise part of the CTCSOL programme.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if offline training is needed.
Written Test (via online)
- Candidates MUST have successfully completed the online training course.
- Visit the CTCSOL website for information on the test structure and guidelines.
- Register and pay before the deadline date (see above).
- The ‘General Version’ test is for Peoples’ Republic of China passport holders. The ‘Local Version’ test is for non-Chinese nationals who have Chinese proficiency equivalent to HSK Level 5 or HSKK Intermediate level.
- Log into the CTI website, one week before the test date for your admission ticket and other test information.
- The test will be completed online via the internet on your computer. You MUST have Windows 7/10. The software is NOT supported by Mac OS.
- You will be given a link, including instructions, to do a home internet test. Please ensure you do this by the expiry date. Follow the CTI guidelines if you have difficulties.
- Participate in the written test organised by CI in Auckland on the test date.
- No off-line test is available.
- Candidates MUST have passed the written test.
- Register and pay before the deadline.
- Log into the CTI website, one week before the test date for all test info required such as venue, time, identification etc.
- Participate in the interview assessment organised by CI in Auckland on the test date.
Test Results and Certificate
- Candidates must successfully complete each section of the programme before being able to do the next part.
- At the successful completion of all the training and assessment, candidates can apply to receive their CTCSOL certificate from Chinese Testing International.