The 17th Chinese Bridge
Chinese Proficiency Competition for Foreign College Students
--Auckland Regional Competition 2018
The speech competition is intended to provide tertiary students with a stage to demonstrate their Chinese language proficiency, to create a platform of shared study and communication, to encourage their interest and enthusiasm in learning Chinese and to enhance their understanding of Chinese language and culture.
Confucius Institute Headquarters/Hanban
Consulate General of the People's Republic of China in Auckland
Confucius Institute in Auckland
One World, One Family 天下一家
The competition consists of three parts:
- Speech in Chinese: is compulsory and in 3-5 minutes. Judging criteria includes the content, fluency, grammar, pronunciation and presentation.
- Question-Answer: students will be required to answer two questions related to their speech.
- Chinese talent show: is optional but could earn bonus points towards the student’s overall performance. Students can choose to display their talent in any form they prefer. It should be no longer than 5 minutes.
New Zealand citizen or New Zealand permanent resident (non-Chinese citizenship).
- Born and brought up in countries and regions outside China.
- First language is NOT Chinese. Neither parents (including grandparents living with the student) should be native speakers of Chinese.
- 18 to 30 years old, full-time registered tertiary students in the region.
In order to confirm the eligibility, students are required to bring a photocopy of their passport on the competition day.
The first place winner will represent New Zealand to compete in the international final competition in China in July. International airfares, accommodation, transportation and other related expenses in China will be funded by the host.
A student is not eligible to represent New Zealand to China in the international competition for two consecutive years.
All eligible students are welcome to participate, and please submit your registration online at https://goo.gl/mPNNi5 by Saturday 30 April 2018.