International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship
The Confucius Institute Scholarship has changed its name to International Chinese Teachers Scholarship this year. It encourages international students and currently-employed Chinese language teachers to study International Chinese Language Education or related majors in Chinese tertiary institutions. All applicants from great Auckland region are required with the endorsement/recommendation from the Confucius Institute in Auckland.
Online registration has been OPEN since 1st March 2020 at the Confucius Institute Scholarship website.
All applicants shall be:
- New Zealand citizens, or non-Chinese citizens with NZ permanent residency;
- in good physical and mental conditions, and with good academic performance and conduct;
- committed to Chinese language education and related work;
- between the ages of 16 and 35 (as of September 1st, 2020). Applicants currently working as Chinese language teachers shall not be over 45, while undergraduate student applicants shall not be over 25.
- with endorsement/recommendation from the CI in Auckland.
- Scholarships for degree programmes
- Doctor’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (DTCSOL)
- Master’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (BTCSOL)
- Scholarship for non-degree programmes
- One-Academic-Year Study
- One-Semester Study
- Four-Week Study
Please read the scholarship Application Guide for detailed requirements.
The scholarship provides full coverage on tuition and accommodation fees, living allowance (four-week study students are excluded) and comprehensive medical insurance expenses.
- Online registration will be available from 1st March 2020 on the International Chinese Language Teachers (Confucius Institute) Scholarship website, http://cis.chinese.cn.
- Sign up for recommending institutions and host institutions; upload application documents online; and track the application progress, comments, and result.
- Contact the CI in Auckland for endorsement/recommendation.
- Scholarship recipient needs to confirm with the host institutions to go through the procedures of studying in China, print out the scholarship certificate online, and register at host institutions on the designated date as per the letter of admission.
- For programs commencing in July, student application must be submitted by 10 April, endorsement by 20th April;
- For programs commencing in September, student application must be submitted by 10th May; endorsement by 20th May;
- For programs commencing in December, student application must be submitted by 10th September; endorsement by 20th September;
- For programs commencing in March 2021, student application must be submitted by 10th November; endorsement by 20th November.
CHINESE BRIDGE AWARD RECIPIENT POLICIES
Chinese Bridge winners who have been awarded the 2020 Confucius Institute Scholarship Certificate shall log onto the International Chinese Language Teachers (Confucius Institute) Scholarship website and submit documents to relevant host institutions upon presentation of their scholarship certificates. For inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
For detailed scholarship information, please visit
- CI in Auckland website, https://ci.ac.nz/what-we-offer/scholarships/ci-scholarship;
- CIS website, http://cis.chinese.cn;
- For further inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.