China Cultural Camp 2020
Due to the border restrictions, we decided to offer a domestic Chinese Cultural Camp to replace the annual camp in China. This camp aims to award outstanding secondary students of Chinese with a Chinese language and culture immersion experience to practise what they have learned and to improve their Chinese communication skills. Opportunities are also given to the successful students to have interaction and exchange with tertiary students of Chinese, local businesses and organisations engaging in NZ-China relationship.
The camp is organized by the Confucius Institute in Auckland in partnership with the North Asia Centre of Asia-Pacific Excellence, the University of Auckland.
- Chinese language enhancement;
- Cultural interaction and experiences;
- Interaction with organizations engaging in NZ-China relationships;
- Learner of Chinese at a local school* in Year 11-13;
- At least 2-3 years of Chinese learning in local schools* by end of 2020;
- Recommended by your current Chinese teacher in the school;
- Participated in Confucius Institute Chinese Competitions/examinations;
- New Zealand citizen or permanent resident who is a non-native speaker of Chinese.
* Schools in greater Auckland, Waikato, Northland regions.
- Accommodation, meals, activities and transport as part of the programme will be covered by the organisers.
- Successful students are required to pay a registration fee of $50.
Application is closed now.
For any further questions, please contact the Confucius Institute in Auckland at firstname.lastname@example.org.