NZ-China Government Scholarship
The Confucius Institute in Auckland facilitates the NZ–China Scholarship selection panel to recommend up to 10 full scholarships to the China Scholarship Council (CSC) of China’s Ministry of Education, to study in a Chinese university for an academic year.
The application for the academic year 2021 is closed.
Please click the links below to DOWNLOAD the forms of previous years for your information ONLY.
- Applicants must be New Zealand citizens;
- Applicants must be currently studying at a New Zealand tertiary institution or have completed a tertiary qualification at a New Zealand tertiary institution within the last 5 years;
- Applicants need to demonstrate their academic excellence in their field of studies;
- The China Scholarship Council does not accept applicants over 45 years of age.
The Confucius Institute in Auckland will convene a panel to select the candidates and recommend them to CSC.
Selection criteria to include:
- Academic excellence;
- Strength of references;
- Evidence of applicant’s commitment to achieving a higher level of proficiency in Chinese language and understanding of Chinese society and culture;
- The applicant’s future work and study plans including the degree of Chinese language skills;
- Evidence of applicant’s ability to be independent and ability to adapt to living and studying in another culture;
- Involvement in community and extracurricular activities.
The panel reserves the right to make reasonable enquiries in relation to information contained in the scholarship applications. The selection panel’s decision will be final. Successful applicants will be asked to state their preferred university placements. However, the final placements will be made by the China Scholarship Council and may not be challenged.
Value and Tenure of Award
The scholarships cover the students’ tuition fees, shared accommodation, medical care and a monthly stipend during the agreed period of study. Students will be responsible for their own airfares, travel insurance to and from China, required pre-departure medical examination, visa fees, and for any other expenses not explicitly covered by the scholarship. Final placement in a Chinese university and the length of study will be the prerogative of the China Scholarship Council.
Conditions of Tenure
The successful applicants will be required to:
- Sign a contract regarding the scholarship’s Terms and Conditions;
- Comply with the rules and regulations of the China Scholarship Council;
- Attend an award function, if requested, and cooperate with any promotional publicity related to the scholarship;
- Provide the Confucius Institute in Auckland with interim and final reports on their scholarship (guidelines will be provided).
The application for the following year will start in May annually.
For more info, please email email@example.com.
Successful China Scholarship candidates are welcome/encouraged to apply for The Prime Minister’s Scholarships for Asia (PMSA) seperately.
***FOR students who are applying for CSC Scholarship for “non-Chinese language study” in Chinese universities, please also download and submit the 2020 Application Form by the deadline.
(The Agency Number for New Zealand applicants is 5541. The Program Category is A.)