[Registration Opens] The 16th New Zealand Chinese Essay Competition 2022
New Zealand Chinese Essay Competition, proudly sponsored by the Chinese ambassadors to New Zealand, has been organized by the Confucius Institute in Auckland since 2007.
The Competition is sponsored by the Bank of New Zealand since 2020.
- To promote and encourage the use of the Chinese among the learners of Chinese in New Zealand;
- To promote the knowledge of Chinese language and culture as an important resource in an increasingly multi-cultural and global environment;
- To provide an opportunity for students of Chinese language to showcase their learning;
- To inspire students to learn Chinese language by sharing their writings with fellow students.
- Style of writing: Any format of ORIGINAL work
- Themes: New Zealand and China, Forging the Future
- Category I – Secondary School Junior (Year 7-10): minimum 200 characters
- Category II – Secondary School Senior (Year 11-13): minimum 300 characters
- Category III – Tertiary Institution Category: minimum 500 characters
- New Zealand citizens or New Zealand permanent residents
- Mandarin or any Chinese dialect is not the home language spoken by either parent
- Content (idea, originality and creativity)
- Language (vocabulary and grammar)
- Structure (organization and style)
* Machine(-assisted) translation is not acceptable and the decision of the judges is final.
- School Group Registration through your Chinese teacher;
- Individual Registrations are also acceptable;
- Registrations and submit the essays online at https://forms.gle/kgoHuDMc8V6bVm9s7.
- All registration and essay submission by Wednesday 31st August 2022;
- Final result and awards will be announced by Friday 30th September 2022.