[Registration Extended] The 14th New Zealand Chinese Essay Competition 2020
Due to the second wave Covid-19 alert and lockdown in Auckland, the registration has been extended to the end of September.
New Zealand Chinese Essay Competition, proudly sponsored the Chinese ambassadors to New Zealand, has been organized by the Confucius Institute in Auckland since 2007.
The Competition is sponsored by the Bank of New Zealand this year.
Download the Competition Information sheet.
For Past Essay Collections and more information.
- To promote and encourage the use of the Chinese among the learners of Chinese in New Zealand;
- To promote the knowledge of Chinese language and culture as an important resource in an increasingly multi-cultural and global environment;
- To provide an opportunity for students of Chinese language to showcase their learning;
- To inspire students to learn Chinese language by sharing their writings with fellow students.
- Style of writing: Any format of ORIGINAL work
- Themes: Any topic of your choice
- Category I – Secondary School Junior (Year 7-10): minimum 200 characters
- Category II – Secondary School Senior (Year 11-13): minimum 300 characters
- Category III – Tertiary Institution Category: minimum 500 characters
- New Zealand citizens or New Zealand permanent residents
- Mandarin or any Chinese dialect is not the home language spoken by either parent
- Content (idea, originality and creativity)
- Language (vocabulary and grammar)
- Structure (organization and style)
* The decision of the judges is final.
- School Group Registration through your Chinese teacher;
- Individual Registrations are also acceptable;
- Registrations and submit the essays online at https://forms.gle/AHJDq8yVMhjYCpS56.
- All registration and essay submission by
Friday 21st AugustWednesday 30th September 2020;
- Final result and awards announced by the end of