Vacancies and Volunteers
Supporting Chinese language and culture in NZ
Confucius Institute in Auckland (CI) is occasionally looking for casual staff or volunteers to help out during the year. Are you one of those people?
If so, please read on …
Who you are
- A fluent speaker of Mandarin Chinese and good conversational English.
- A person who is willing and keen to share your knowledge and expertise to support the learning of Chinese language and culture.
- A person who is open-minded and flexible who enjoys working with diverse groups of people.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Living in Auckland, Waikato, or Northland regions.
- Be eligible to work in New Zealand – if being paid.
- Paid and voluntary work.
- One-off, short-term, or more regular opportunities.
- Day, early evening, or weekend hours.
- Able to share Chinese language and culture with others.
- Able to showcase your talents and skills.
- Gain opportunities to do new things.
- Gain experience for future employment.
- Meet people from different backgrounds.
- Become part of CI’s network.
Types of roles
- Supervising Chinese proficiency exams (occasional weekends, paid).
- Teaching Chinese language classes (weekdays, paid).
- Perform a cultural talent you are good at (occasional, usually voluntary).
- ‘Teach’ a cultural talent you are good at (on-demand, voluntary, or paid).
- Teacher assistant to support Chinese in primary, intermediate and secondary schools (occasional, part-time, school hours, voluntary or paid).
- Tell us what other skills or talents you can offer to support Chinese knowledge, understanding, and engagement.
Are you interested to be involved?
If so, follow the link on the right and submit your application.
We may not be in touch straight away but will when we require helpers, have meetings to share information, or when we celebrate special occasions. We look forward to your CV and meeting you sometime.
For information on our work, continue to visit our website.
To be confirmed