Registration_The 15th New Zealand Chinese Essay Competition 2021
The 15th New Zealand Chinese Essay Competition 2021
(For Non-Native Speakers Only)
Proudly supported by H.E. Wu Xi, Ambassador of the People’s Republic of China, and sponsored by the Bank of New Zealand.
- To promote and encourage the use of Chinese among the learners of Chinese in New Zealand;
- To promote the knowledge of Chinese language and culture as an important resource in an increasingly multicultural and global environment;
- To provide an opportunity for students of Chinese language to showcase their learning;
- To further motivate students to learn the Chinese language by sharing their writings with fellow students and wider communities.
- Style of writing: Any format of ORIGINAL work written in Chinese
- Topic: Any topic of your choice
- Category I – Secondary School Junior (Year 7-10): minimum of 200 characters
- Category II – Secondary School Senior (Year 11-13): minimum of 300 characters
- Category III – Tertiary Category: minimum of 500 characters
- New Zealand citizens or New Zealand permanent residents, and full-time registered students.
- Mandarin or any Chinese dialect is not the home language spoken by either parent.
- Content (idea, originality, and creativity)
- Language (vocabulary and grammar)
- Structure (organization and style)
- Machine(-assisted) translation is not acceptable and the decision of the judges is final.
- School Group Registration through your Chinese teacher;
- Individual Registrations are also acceptable;
- Registrations and essay submission online at https://forms.gle/jCQhTUP2hhDseyJJ6.
- All registration and essay submission by Saturday 21st August 2021;
- Final results and awards announced by Friday 10th September 2021.
- For inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit https://ci.ac.nz/chinese-in-schools/competitions/essay-competition/.